5.08.2009

Attention Seeking Militant

bcc_balmainjacket
bcc_balmainjacket_01
bcc_balmainjacket_02
bcc_balmainjacket_
bcc_balmainjacket_03
bcc_balmainjacket_04
(Balmain military inspired, crystal embellished jacket S/S 09)

This would be my second post on Balmain and I might be a lil back-dated for writing something that has been going on for awhile now. I just gotta do a review on this very unique piece before time sweeps it away and into the dumpster. This has got to be the most beautifully remixed jacket, first made popular by the iconic Michael Jackson. If I'm not mistaken, My Chemical Romance tried to revive this almost forgotten military style jacket, in their own version, calling it the BLACK PARADE UNIFORM, which I feel, looking rather skeletor and rib bone-ish instead of being military.
Balmain's version is weightier (I suppose, judging from the heavily embellished diamentés) and bolder (from the trade-marked extended shoulders). Bold enough to last for a lifetime. That's how bold it is. Anyway, I never knew that a military looking jacket can go unbuttoned till I saw Balmain's. I would recommend this to those who wants to make a fashion statement. And to those who are interested in signing up for marching bands. Okay, it was a joke.

Well, I guess Balmain R-O-C-K-E-D it again.
[Image courtesy of nitrolicious, dresslikestarz, inkmyfashion]

No comments: